1932 Plymouth collection up for auction

31plymouth

• 3 weeks later...

I followed live also and looked at some of the pictures of the PB roadsters.   Some seemed to be fairly priced but looking at the engine compartments I did not see one that looked looked like it was restored any time recently.   But I would take one in any condition.

I did go and after the on line stuff we got to buy from boxes --bought some hard to find good parts for my 31/32 PA cars. I thought the buy of the day was the 32 DeSoto custom convertible sedan.  most car had many incorrect parts and most needed lots of work none ran.

The 32 Plymouth convertible car #4A which sold for $32,500 was restored by my dad in the mid to late 1970s. I was proud to see that it it sold for the highest amount of any of the Plymouths in the auction. My dad took a lot of pride in his work and I was surprised and pleased to see the car bring that much money. I'm sure with fees, transportation costs and expenses in getting the car back on the road, the new owner will be in the car for $40k. Along with the other comments, I also noticed many incorrect parts on the cars.