Finally Painted

I am embarrassed to say I have let my '57 become kind of a back burner issue in the last 6 months. However, it's finally been squirted. My painter sent a few cell phone pics over this morning. Sorry for the quality, I think his lens needs cleaning.

Orig. Raven Black on Black/White interior. Now the fun begins!

IMG_48501.jpg.5a192eff0c7a1d1d7c65c63eafab9b64.jpg

Yes, I've had this one for about a year John. 

But with all the covid nonsense, my business being closed for the last 6 months, pulling the engine from my Corvette for an overhaul and waiting, seemingly forever, to get my engine block back, plus just general life as usual things, I let the car languish.

I've been pretty lethargic for the last couple of months but maybe this will re-ignite my fire.

I had been looking for a '57 for Eleanor, off and on, when I came upon this one at a deal I just couldn't refuse.  I really wanted one of the pastel colors though.  Any of them them would do.  The only two colors I was not interested in were Red and of course, Black :lol:.  Not a good desert color.  But again, when the deal was right....

Anyway, it's a nice little car. 312 with std. trans, power windows, port hole hard top and a couple other options. It should go back together pretty easily and keep me out of Eleanor's hair for a while.

That's like me trying to find a 2002-05 'Bird. I do not want red, black, gray or white and those colors were apparently all that shipped to VA/NC/SC. 

I did find one yellow one a couple years back but it had bumblebee interior which I didn't want either. Someday... I could probably find a 55-57 in a good color easier!

I'm ornery now in the respect that if I'm gonna turn loose of the cash for a vehicle, it's gonna be a color I like. I am really past silver/charcoal/white vehicles with monotone uninspired interiors. Never intend to own another one.

1 hour ago, John S. said:

GregLaR, very nice work. Love the two seaters. I'm looking for a '55 T=Bird. Show some more photos if you can. John

I will John, as soon as I can get down to the body shop and snap a few.

After twiddling my thumbs for six months waiting for this car to be painted and also waiting to get my engine engine back from the machine shop for my other car, guess who else called today?

Yep, on my way to the machine shop right now to pick up my block.

Feast or famine! :(

1 hour ago, padgett said:

Greg: you have a wife who likes a standard trans. ? Have a sister ?

Also for me no more black cars or cars with timing belts. I like white with a red interior and black accents like the Judge.

It’s not that hard to find women who like standards. I have several friends who do and so do I. 

14 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

It’s not that hard to find women who like standards. I have several friends who do and so do I. 

You sound just like my wife! :lol:

(I'm pretty standard and she settled for me)