Editing now?

• 2 weeks later...

Another lost puppy here too.

I went to the 3 dots and it would not open anything, like re-arranged post.  Why does it dd this to my nice evenly spaced text & paragraphs?

Here it's spaced properly, but in the forum it had many two words lines an no structure.

3 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

If there was an electric car in the center of an empty parking lot and you had permission to drive it to get the unconscious owner to the Hospital, how would that deal wind up?

Bob

I had a friend drive up from south Florida to NC in a Chevy Volt.  Got horrible mileage because he had to     drive with the gas generator running full time to charge the batteries.  I had a chance to drive it, but not

to the hospital.  It drove a lot nicer than the last 1917 electric I drove.  It had a steering wheel instead of

levers and a "gas pedal" on the floor.   It was smooth and fast and now I understand why the drag racers

want them banned from drag strips. 

With the 1917, I was more than happy to have the owner coaching me, but the Volt was easier than a gas

powered car. 

Two weeks ago I got to ride in a 1909 Stanley Steamer Mountain Wagon.   It had the same quite power as    the Volt, but more valves and switches than a locomotive.  No, I couldn't have taken anyone to the

hospital in it either.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Another lost puppy here too.

I went to the 3 dots and it would not open anything, like re-arranged post.  Why does it dd this to my nice evenly spaced text & paragraphs?

Here it's spaced properly, but in the forum it had many two words lines an no structure.

3 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

If there was an electric car in the center of an empty parking lot and you had permission to drive it to get the unconscious owner to the Hospital, how would that deal wind up?

Bob

I had a friend drive up from south Florida to NC in a Chevy Volt.  Got horrible mileage because he had to     drive with the gas generator running full time to charge the batteries.  I had a chance to drive it, but not

to the hospital.  It drove a lot nicer than the last 1917 electric I drove.  It had a steering wheel instead of

levers and a "gas pedal" on the floor.   It was smooth and fast and now I understand why the drag racers

want them banned from drag strips. 

With the 1917, I was more than happy to have the owner coaching me, but the Volt was easier than a gas

powered car. 

Two weeks ago I got to ride in a 1909 Stanley Steamer Mountain Wagon.   It had the same quite power as    the Volt, but more valves and switches than a locomotive.  No, I couldn't have taken anyone to the

hospital in it either.

Your text has "returns" at the end of of lines. It should only have them at the end of paragraphs.  You also have lots of extra spaces for no reason.

Example of properly formatted:

I had a friend drive up from south Florida to NC in a Chevy Volt.  Got horrible mileage because he had to drive with the gas generator running full time to charge the batteries.  I had a chance to drive it, but not to the hospital.  It drove a lot nicer than the last 1917 electric I drove.  It had a steering wheel instead of levers and a "gas pedal" on the floor.   It was smooth and fast and now I understand why the drag racers want them banned from drag strips. 

With the 1917, I was more than happy to have the owner coaching me, but the Volt was easier than a gas powered car. 

Two weeks ago I got to ride in a 1909 Stanley Steamer Mountain Wagon. It had the same quite power as the Volt, but more valves and switches than a locomotive.  No, I couldn't have taken anyone to the hospital in it either.

2 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Your text has "returns" at the end of of lines. It should only have them at the end of paragraphs.  You also have lots of extra spaces for no reason.

I had a friend drive up from south Florida to NC in a Chevy Volt.  Got horrible mileage because he had to drive with the gas generator running full time to charge the batteries.  I had a chance to drive it, but not to the hospital.  It drove a lot nicer than the last 1917 electric I drove.  It had a steering wheel instead of levers and a "gas pedal" on the floor.   It was smooth and fast and now I understand why the drag racers want them banned from drag strips. 

With the 1917, I was more than happy to have the owner coaching me, but the Volt was easier than a gas powered car. 

Two weeks ago I got to ride in a 1909 Stanley Steamer Mountain Wagon. It had the same quite power as the Volt, but more valves and switches than a locomotive.  No, I couldn't have taken anyone to the hospital in it either.

2 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

My post looked just like your Example until I clicked "Submit Reply".  Why does this happen?

Paul,

Two ideas...

First, Perhaps you are using the"Enter" AKA Return Key to go from one line of text to the next. You should not do that. The text will wrap to the next line automatically and hitting the "Enter" key at the end of each line of text will screw up the formatting. 

Second, Be sure that to edit text you are hitting the three horizontal dots at the top right corner of your post to bring up the edit function in the drop down menu. You may have been hitting the "bullet" formatting button which is two dots in a vertical pattern in the menu a bit to the left of the center of the top of the post. Your earlier reply appeared to have a "bullet" in it.