Running Board Rubber Covering

MG1927

Hi,

I need new running board rubber for a Buick 1927 and a Buick 1929.  Both are model 27's.

I was wondering what your experience was for those who have replaced the same?

Did both years use the same rubber?

I was considering product from; L & L, Bob's, and Steele.  Are there others that you would give a thumbs up to? What is your opinion on the quality and cost?

Thank You!

Marty

Marty, 

I do not know all the exact details of the running board coverings and the changes for 1927.  This link should help you with some of it and how to address replacement of the wood.  I do have a few photos.  The first photo I understand to be an original 1927 Buick running board.  I doubt that is available and all you will be able to find is ribbed on the top side.  The second is labeled as 1930.    Hugh

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/324627-floor-board-and-running-board-mid-20s-buick-details/?tab=comments#comment-1861441

706220155_1927BuickYahoo.thumb.JPG.8ee439bf47d3f526e1cc37e6cb5871ac.JPG1093411157_1930runboard.thumb.JPG.e0bd44b8821c70426c36f55379c36cce.JPG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MG1927 said:

I need new running board rubber for a Buick 1927 and a Buick 1929.  Both are model 27's.

I was wondering what your experience was for those who have replaced the same?

Did both years use the same rubber?

I was considering product from; L & L, Bob's, and Steele.  Are there others that you would give a thumbs up to? What is your opinion on the quality and cost?

Bob's are a reseller

Steele are a manufacturer

Others (may be the same)

http://www.runningboardrubber.com

http://www.runningboardrubbermats.com/vintagerunningboards.html

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I thought L & L were only running board moulding makers.

Another place that advertises running board material is:

CARSON'S ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS: 235 Shaw Farm Rd, Holliston, MA, 01746, USA.  Tel: 508-429-2269

Marty - send me an email and I'll send you a Welcome Package for 1929 Buicks, including a list of suppliers.

Bill McLaughlin

1929 Silver Anniversary Buick Club

Email:  Bill@29buick.ca  (Bill at 29buick.ca)

• Like 1

I needed to recover the boards on my 40 special but seeing  restored to original sets on cars at the Buick nats a few years ago I decided  I didn’t like the agricultural look. I went to Home Depot because they sell rubber mats in a wide range of patterns and I picked the one I liked.  Glued on with 3M high strength adhesive I like em.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2