Vintage 30s Pontiac hood emblem

Junkman604

Hello I'm not sure if this post is allowed or not. But I recently inherited this from my father in law who was a car enthusiast. Specifically older Pontiac's. From my research it seems to be quite rare. I'm not so much interested in selling it at this time but just wanted to gain some insight to where it's from, what vehicle and ETC. I've found similar emblems online but they seem to be mostly chrome. And this one is Brass. But seems to be authentic. Any information is gladly appreciated. Thanks 

IMG_20200815_175420.jpg

IMG_20200815_175427.jpg

IMG_20200815_175423.jpg

Neat mascot. I am no expert either but almost all ornaments from this period were made of chrome or nickel plated pot metal. The age related deterioration of the pot metal is why genuine examples today fetch big prices due to rarity. The other issue with these style Pontiac mascots is the very thin and delicate circle at the front that is always the first part to go. The casting numbers on your piece do indicate something other than a reproduction but the brass or bronze material seems to be non-original GM. I am looking forward to the experts responding on this. 

2 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

The OP's piece does seem to be an unplated version of this but why would a reproduction have the part numbers and makers mark?

I have seen some reproduction castings with the part numbers showing clearly. You never know when re-casting if it will show up or not.

• Thanks 1