1947 FRAZER MANHATTAN - Not Mine

Yes that’s it.  Extremely rare but not desirable unless you are a KF guy with deep pockets. I looked through those cars and thought “seriously”??  The reality of car collecting in this day and age mean most of these cars - as they should - will be scrapped.  5% buyers premium?

There will be someone that says “there are some good parts on those cars”. OK. So you are going to get a nasty seized brakes car that needs lifted onto your trailer for $250 that costs $750 to go get and haul home?  

This auction shouldn’t even be happening.  

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

I always thought these were pretty cool.  And I think some of them had a blower?

1951 Frazer Manhattan Convertible Sedan (CC-1085189) for sale in Auburn, Indiana

A Supercharger?  Only if someone added one from a 1954 Manhattan.  Frankly, the '51 Frazer Manhattan convertible sedan could benefit from one, 3941 lbs was a lot for that 226 ci fork-lift engine straining to develop 115 hp to pull around.  These were as heavy as the concurrent Cadillac sedan...

3 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

This auction shouldn’t even be happening.  

Tough call,

I suspect that if the price of scrap is up the scroungers will be doing most of the buying.

At least this is an attempt to salvage the hoard.

Might be a good source for parts cars.

15 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Would it be this Frazer?    It looks like the most complete and best of a very weathered lot of cars.

https://www.equipmentfacts.com/listings/other-items/auctions/195348757/1950-kaiser-frazer?lp=TH

I used to call these 'the permanent car show'.  They all drove in...just never left.

No that is not the car..  It is in a private collection.. It sits next to his 1947 Kaiser Frazer pickup..

Here is one of his cars..

155-0.jpg

19 hours ago, alsancle said:

I always thought these were pretty cool.  And I think some of them had a blower?

1951 Frazer Manhattan Convertible Sedan (CC-1085189) for sale in Auburn, Indiana

The 1949 on is harder to find.. Someone  sent me a picture . It is the only one  I have ever seen.. You can google it not one car has sold or listed..

I think they  only  made 133 of the car in the picture..

1949 kkkk.jpg

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)