Circa 1910. What is it?

MassingNickel

28 minutes ago, MassingNickel said:

I think I have solved what it is. I think it's a NAG.

It could even be the same one as this one (A282):

Not the same car. Notice the curves of the fenders on the NAG. Plus one is a touring and one is a town car.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

It was not uncommon in these days for luxury cars to have two coachworks, one "summer body" and one "winter body". So it could be the same car with just the body switched. There are also probably a couple of years between the photos, in the winter photo the car seems new and in the summer photo it seems used, so that could explain why some details doesn't match.

But I am not at all sure that it is the same car, it just seems like such a coincidence that they would be so similar, and that the registration numbers seem like they could match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MassingNickel said:

It was not uncommon in these days for luxury cars to have two coachworks, one "summer body" and one "winter body". So it could be the same car with just the body switched. There are also probably a couple of years between the photos, in the winter photo the car seems new and in the summer photo it seems used, so that could explain why some details doesn't match.

But I am not at all sure that it is the same car, it just seems like such a coincidence that they would be so similar, and that the registration numbers seem like they could match.

Yep. Common to have more than one body, but those fenders....

Thanks Ariejan for correcting this identification. I based it on the older post, which turned out to be wrong. You are definitively correct about it being a Darracq, and probably correct in them being different cars too, it was just all the similarities that got me.

• 5 weeks later...

Today I stumbled upon another picture of a Darracq in Sweden, again with number plate A282. The photo was taken outside Gustaf Ericsson's Automobile facory in Stockholm. This seems to be the same car as the original photo in this thread.

And it seems they reused the same number plate as the Darracq limousine from the earlier post.

Photo from the Swedish Museum of Technology in Stockholm:

https://digitaltmuseum.se/021016315081/

KTajh4V.jpg