Ziebart undercoating

gpfarrell

Guest Mark McAlpine
2 hours ago, gpfarrell said:

This little girl is going to Gettysburg! Bias plies were mounted today and that wraps up a string of little improvements... so happy for the AACA events to give me the initiative to finish the car to a higher standard!

F6172586-DC7A-41FA-BC67-8E6581A53472.jpeg

Congratulations on getting your car ready for the show.  It looks great!  I look forward to seeing it in Gettysburg.

Guest Mark McAlpine
5 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

You may lose a point or 2 on your battery.  I believe period batteries would have had individual caps over the cells but I could be wrong.

I had the same question, but did some quick research and believe the rectangular caps on the battery (covering three holes each) are correct for this model car.  However, you raise a good point--most AACA judges are going to ask the same question, so the owner should bring factory documentation for the battery.  (It may be as simple as a photo or drawing of it in the owner's manual.)

Thanks for the battery notes! I do need to remove the modern sticker from the top. 

I also need to put Post-it notes on numerous pages of my brochures and service manuals to  be respectful of the team’s time.  The rectangular caps are included in a few incidental images and illustrations... I’d have thought round caps too! The “factory documentation” is a great standard.

• 5 months later...

I’m just seeing your post now and you have a very nice car, just like the one that served me well back in the day.  I just want to say after living in Northeast Ohio years ago, be glad your uncle ziebarted the car or you wouldn’t have it to talk about, as it would have seen the crusher long ago.  With my cars, I just accept certain deductions and correct as many others as I can.  The guy next to you will,  and is, going to have some of his own deductions (maybe).  Enjoy.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Side note but when I see Ziebart I also remember Earl Scheib. We made jokes about that place, like if you leave the windows down they'll paint the initerior for free.

Did Ziebart work? Was it worth the money? We always thought it was a scam mainly because of where and when they advertised.