The one that stole your heart

AndreaM

Hey everyone, I am new and know absolutely nothing about older vehicles BUT I fell in love and brought her home. She’s an international 1.25 ton. She was cheap and I am not wealthy and so I am looking for the best places to start for parts etc. Any suggestions? I am told the engine hasn’t seized but I need a crank for starting her so that’s the first part lol.

F4954162-BD7F-4B31-984F-3E78F43EFC03.jpeg

• Like 1

Cool truck! Welcome to the AACA forums. You will no doubt find lots of information here. Can you give us some dimensions in order to find a crank? Distance between front of engine and frame cross support. Dimension of hole in crankshaft. Photo of the area where the crank goes in.

Welcome to the world of old cars.

What year and model is your truck?

That will help with locating parts as well.

How about some more pictures in general?

We love to see old iron around here.

International Harvester built a whole slew of models, so a model number is rather important. It looks like it is a an S L or S F -34 (4 cylinder) or SL- SF - 36 (6 Cylinder) and is around a 1929-1930. It is also important to know which engine  you have as different options were available at the time. Some of the IHC trucks of the time had Waukesha, or Hall Scott 4 cylinder engines, or a 6 cylinder Lycoming. More photos and the info on the  data plate will get you heading in the right direction. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

What is about a big ol'truck?  This is a 1918 Nash Quad, an old WWI army truck that was fitted with hydraulic dump bed.  4 wheel drive & 4 wheel steering, give that crank a lick and it runs like a brand new lexus.

004.JPG