Studebaker Vendor

Well studemax. I am not a chicken just so you know!!! I don’t want to mention any names. I pulled down what I wrote yesterday. 
I prepaid for the interior to a vendor who advertises on the Studebaker Vendor page and in both Studebaker publications. Took 14 months to receive anything not the 6 months as advertised.  Nothing that he or his employees made fit. The vendor says that his bank account is frozen and can’t refund my money! I have used other vendors listed and have not had any problems. Not a puzzle Studemax!! Just want people to know that some vendors can’t be trusted in my opinion.

That’s what up Tom. I have been restoring the 36 Dictator Coupe for 6 years. Almost done but I will have spent almost twice the cost on the interior. I have more pictures of the inferior workmanship that I received and pictures of the interior being made correctly again. 
Dennis

E45C24EA-52FE-4648-9172-293898B3223F.jpeg

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 5:56 PM, 1953 GMC Hydra-Matic said:

Nothing that he or his employees made fit.

It seems to me there's supposed to be a fabric-covered trim trip that effectively conceals the seam between the dark and light colored roof and B-pillar material.  Did the vendor give you two pieces of 'mysterious' strips of matching cloth, maybe an inch wide by 20 inches or so long that you can't figure out goes where?  Also, the rear window garnish molding will nicely finish the appearance once it is installed.

Craig

Craig 

The vendor did supply the strip you are speaking of. But my Upoulstry guy said something is wrong with it. He has made a new one and is installing it this weekend. Like I said before, the vendor supplied material wasn’t sewn correctly and is too small. Had to purchase new material and start over.

Thanks 

D

The same vendor in Knoxville Tenn. has many complaints on not delivering his magic front suspension crap and not returning money.

I have seen some very nice interiors that he did years ago.

I hope he reads this and explain.

He’s not going to respond. He is full of excuses, Bob!! He said one of his employees stole money from him. Maybe karma came back to haunt him!!! I am going tomorrow morning to pick up the 36.  I will post pictures of what true craftsmanship looks like from my Upoulstry gentlemen. He had to start over completely with all new material.

D