WTB: 1921-1923 mid range open car

All,

I am considering an earlier car and am reaching out to see if there are any of you who might have something that might work. I recently found a 22 studebaker that I liked but after buying it my friend who picked it up for me liked it so much that I let him buy it. 

What i am looking for is a larger displacement six cylinder touring/phaeton. I am interested in the hudson super six, the studebaker special or big six, a nash..... any likely others.

I am hoping for a good driver or a car that has a good drivetrain or at least one that doesnt have an engine that needs metal stitching or major work. The top can be ratty, the interior can be ratty. Id like it to be complete and mostly running. I plan to use it for auto camping and I really would like to drive it across the entire lincoln highway next year. Im looking for an unrestored original or an older worn restoration. A well established driver with patina would be perfect. I do intend to use it so I dont want something too nice or that I will be too upset about when it gets scratched. Im planning to drive it on dirt roads and across rivers and have junk tied to it and tire chains tied on it and spot lights mounted on it so I dont want to be worrying about the paint. I wont abuse it but Ill put some miles on. 

Do any of you know of a car that might work?

Thanks,

Linus

Edited by Linus Tremaine (see edit history)

here is an example of what I would like. I have been watching this car since it came on the market in feb of 2019, but the price hasn't changed and I cant afford this one. A very nice 21 with westinghouse shocks sold at auction through Sothebys for 27K and I wish this one was closer to that figure. Anyway, perhaps something else will turn up. 

Here it is:

Edited by Linus Tremaine (see edit history)

Yes, a buick would be a good choice also. That one is too nice I think, but I like it. Thanks. And thanks for all the studebaker advice as well. I was sad to let the car go, but it had a rotten water jacket and three cracks in the head and I didnt want to take on a major project. Fortunately, it was cheap and still a good car. My friend and his wife loved it and since it was 2,000 miles away and not what i was lead to believe mechanically, I let him take over. 

The Buick Club of America is one of the best single marque clubs I have ever belonged to. Genuinely nice caring people, who totally love the make! The club publication is also top notch and you get a magazine once a month! Technical assistance and questions you have are well cared for by people who own the cars and have worked on that particular year or series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...