New Car

mike3121

Yesterday I took delivery of my 1930 Chrysler Series 70 Roadster. In general it is in excellent shape. There's a bit of nicks in the paint, park brake doesn't work, a couple small cuts in the leather. Also, it drives like a Mac Truck;  a Mac truck with out power steering. Got a huge bargain, $ 17,000, well I thought so anyway. It isn't restoration correct as it has a 1950's Chrysler 25" Spitfire motor. The original had 70 hp and this is 119 hp. Any work and restoration will have to wait until my white 1957 T-Bird is out of the shop - rust! I had some upgrades to make it a dependable driver, power disc brakes anti sway bars, electric wipers, etc. Everything was going fine until they found rust, a lot of it in and around the doors.

1930-chrysler-series-70-roadster-1.thumb.jpg.f16c812cfb9cd232350781392561d827.jpg

• Like 7

Get the suspension and steering set up properly and you will be able to steer it with two fingers.  This would include all the shackles and all the joints, the steering box, caster, camber toe-in, whee bearings adjusted and tires properly inflated.

Great looking car.

Congrats! I love early thirties Chryslers, though I know almost nothing about them. Am I correct in assuming the color isn't original? How about the really cool vents on the side of the hood?

Regardless, the car is quite beautiful. It has a Chrysler six for the spirit of the original, but 60% more horsepower so a lot more usable.