WTB: rebuildable water pump core for 1922 special six

I have a post somewhere about  ID  on a 1922  - 1924 I just bought. Look for the post-  it has some pictures.

It has a complete engine in rough shape.  I may be able to go get just the pump off of it.  It would be cheap, but need to see if it is any good..

7 hours ago, Linus Tremaine said:

I dont know if the light six uses the same pump as the special six. They are different engines and it looks like you have the EJ prefix for a light six. 

Correct.  Very different designs.  Special and Big Six share the same design though.

I have been working on a mold to cast new impellers and housings. The shaft is easily machined from 304 stainless.  The rest of it is brass on the stuffing boxes. I made a new shaft for my car it works flawlessly. 

are impellers usually bad? I was hoping for s spare pump so that the car didnt have to be apart for a time when the pump is getting repaired. I was planning to send it out and have a new shaft made. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good rebuild shop?

Impellers can wear, are worse break, they are cast bronze. You local machine shop should be able to handle making up a new shaft, in stainless steel. I made my own replacement shaft, in my home machine shop. 

• Like 1