For Sale 1937 Special Phaeton 2999.00

Vince76

I recently rescued this 1937 Special Phaeton from a broken down shed in the middle of a long defuncted automotive grave yard. She is a rough old girl but appears to be mostly there. I would like to pass her on to someone who will do something with her.    I have more photos.

Asking 2999.00

It's located in Voorheesville NY. 12186

Local delivery is available  

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

Edited by Vince76 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Vince: Glad to see you found a buyer.

The comments on the wheels was from my experience with my car. When I got the car it had later 16" wheels. DSCF1356.thumb.JPG.e7106c405dc059ffc5da741ae69e86a8.JPG The wheels and tires that came with the car

When I first went to Hershey in 87 I found these nice Buick hub caps everywhere!! I showed my find to Bob of "BOB'S". He said nope … not for a 37. Then he showed me what the 37 hub cap was like. Then a several year search for wheels. I was able to find a set of 37 wheels  locally (the seller also offered a set of side mount fenders with wheels and covers... but... too rich for me at the time) and eventually had them blasted and repainted.

DSCF2603.thumb.JPG.7e077eb7f71c57b01825cbd7579bab90.JPG

Correct wheels in Hampton gray with correct caps. Some day the rest of the car may get back to Hampton gray.

• Like 2

I think the 1937 wheels are the same as 1938-1940.  The 1941-1948 16-inch wheels are different.  I'd have to check the parts book to be doubly sure anymore.  Haven't sold parts in quantity for a very long time now.

I can remember a 1938 Century phaeton in that shape in Baltimore way back in 1963, 64 or 1965.  A local guy more or less restored it, but as a resto-rod - a term not used in the 1960s.  His name was Bob Spurlock, and installed a 1956 engine and Dynaflow in it.  I don't know if he changed the rear end or not.......probably did.  It was panted maroon with black fenders.  It may still survive somewhere today, although that man is dead now I'm  sure, and so is the next man to own it, although his son is a BCA member.  Both were older than me, and I'm 81 now.  These cars in the pictures seem to have come from a junkyard somewhere.  Neat that there still are some like that in this fast moving world.