door pillar switch on '29

jps

The service manual has a wiring diagram that shows a door pillar switch wired in parallel with the dome switch.  I have a dome switch but I don't have a door pillar switch - at least, I can't find anything that would fit that description.  Is it located on only one door, or is it only installed on Master series cars?  I have a standard sedan.  Thanks.

John, 

The dome light switch is on the door pillar, on the passenger side, if memory serves me well. Just to be clear it is not jamb switch. It is a little sliding on/off switch on inside of door pillar. Standard series closed cars as well as masters. I believe it is wired in series.

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response.  I have the dome light switch, but here is a photo of the wiring diagram in my service manual.  It shows a "pillar lamp door switch" wired in parallel with the dome lamp switch.  I don't see anything in my car that could be a "pillar lamp door switch", so I am wondering if this is only a feature on certain models (like maybe the Master limousine?)

John

pillar lamp door switch.jpg