Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Is it a Benz? Quite impressive automobile. I like the drum headlamps. Interesting cowl lamps, big size for a big car!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RetroPetro said:

IMG_9239.jpeg

The touring car appears to be an Overland, about 1915 to 1918.

The fancy roadster appears to be a model T Ford believe it or not! It is difficult to be sure, with an after-market kit body, and fenders, wire wheels, and probably a Livingston "V" radiator? There really isn't much to see that came from Ford! I can't really see the front axle very well. But what I can see on the front axle is a pair of H&D type shock absorbers that were marketed specifically for the model T. The H&D design was a good one, and began early giving them a good foothold in the market. However, the H&D company lacked the manufacturing capability, and the financial backing to produce enough to fill the orders they had. Their solution was to license a few other companies to manufacture and sell licensed copies and collect some royalties. So similar shock absorbers were manufactured by several licensed companies as well as many unlicensed often inferior copies.

Since those shock absorbers were basically unique to accessorized model Ts? We can be pretty sure the roadster is at heart a model T.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, twin6 said:

A handsome garage, a Buick and a Panhard (I think).

garage.jpg

Yes, definitely a Panhard. The Grouvelle Arquembourg "cloisonne" radiator is very distinctive (and heavy, at around 50kg) . Besides radiators, Société Anonyme Grouvelle Arquembourg made magnetos. You see the SAGA magnetos on quite a few vintage era French cars.

Are you able to make a more detailed scan of your photo?

Untitled-1.jpg.b352b8c642680284eea274712a24954f.jpg

Edited by John E. Guitar (see edit history)
  • Like 2