Who is going to Philly?

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Who is going? I will be there. I will sit at the website table and try to look like I know something about this site.

SalG, I'm going to Philly to meet the forum guys, to represent my local region "Northern Neck Region", and to see if anybody noticed that I spelled a few words right in my first year as our region's new editor! grin.gif Wayne P. S. Oh, I'll probably take in some of the seminars also. Geez! had to edit, couldn't even spell my region's name correctly! tongue.gif

If all goes well, we'll be there again this year. We drove out from Wisconsin last year and plan to try it again this year, weather permitting.

Fran Shore asked me to help out at the library table this year. I also plan to attend a seminar or two.

If all else fails, look for me in the hospitality room!

Jan K.

Wis Region

Well do we really care who is going and/or coming?? The "good old boys" from the East and South will be there with bells on! Does AACA have any idea how expensive it is to have to travel to any of the annual events in either Hershey or Philadelphia? I know it is AACA home territory but come on - let's get real - there is a whole lot of members west of the Mississippi that will never know what the East coast meetings are all about! But by all means, HAVE FUN!!

westcoastbabe, you have apparently missed out on one of the important things AACA started about ten years ago. When we started the "Roundtables" in 1990, one of the first concerns raised by members was the problems and costs of attending the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. As the concern was discussed in detail, it turned out that the complaint was that they were not able to attend the seminars. In 1992, we started hosting the seminars at some National Meets (not in the east) in the same format and in many cases the same moderators used in Philly. This has been done several times in the west and has been very successful. The Annual Business Meeting and Awards Banquet are still only held in Philly.

Di and I will be at Philly again this year. TheAnnual Meeting is an annual trip for us. Looking forward to seeing all the DFer's and other AACA friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Bob.

Ron offers good advise. I would make a reservation now for assurance.

Ron Flory and I attend meet in Morgantown and ride in one vehicle for Friday. If you decide to go, let me know. You and Patti could follow us directly to the hotel.

e-mail me on the TR-6 status. I have not spoken with Jim Lewis lately.

Regards, Peter.