'72 Karmann Ghia conv. Seattle C.L.

Hey, this just popped up 1/2 hour ago. I know ZERO about these things. NOTHING AT ALL !!!!   I was just surfing, and this caught my attention. I seem to remember that these are a bit hard to find, and this looks like something a VW guy might want to take a look at. Please let me know how you make out, or let me know if I should delete this. Like I said, I KNOW NOTHING. Is that a decent price for you ?   -   Carl 

1 hour ago, thehandleman said:

how about adding the listing ???? pictures, location, price, details for some vw guys  cheers

Hi Rich !   Yes, Ben has it.  I just don't know how to transfer a C.L. to the forum. Can someone teach me how to do that on my mini iPad ? I sometimes see an ad which might interest somebody here. I haven't seen one of these for a long time, but I think for a while they were bringing pretty good money. From the little I do understand, I think these were rust prone. On a "rustiness" scale from mint perfect to unrestorable, I would think this one owner, low mileage car from a previously no-salt zone, is probably not too bad,judging from the pics. Right ? One of those cars which could be given a deep cleaning and detail, and use as-is while sourcing parts. It is not my kind of antique car, but I can sure see how lovable they must be to their fans. Am I way off base thinking that this might be a good deal ?  And what is that "thing" on the front ?    -   Carl 

If the body has rust-through, it's possible the floor pan does as well. Wiring issues, missing trim, an aftermarket grill, needs a top. 

They are fun cars, but the asking price is no bargain. Better to find one in better condition. This one could be a money pit.

Sounds like it's priced about right. A new top for a Karmann Ghia is several thousand dollars. Paint and rust repair could easily be around 6K. A nice one of these is worth about 20K, so this seem a fair deal, but not a great one. 

Looks like it sold quickly. Not a car I would own, but : With the recent engine rebuild, and no really serious rust out, looked like a fun car to sort, detail, and use as is. Won't need tires for years, and 43 thousand miles.........................  Top ? We are having some exceptional weather here right now. Most likely the new owner doesn't care too much about the top at this point.    -    CC