Another TC Gone

zagato

I have added the fact that 206173 has been junked.  My notes associated with these VIN's is to large to include with the material I put on this thread.  Thanks for the opportunity to pass along the following information about the VIN Table I publish periodically.  The VIN's listed are not all running vehicles.  Some of them are VIN's I have found in a junkyard.  I only list vehicles that I have seen for sale and the VIN is posted with the sale.  If someone on this thread tells me their VIN I post it but I do not post VIN's without the owners permission or the fact that they have made the VIN public knowledge.  I am not the original keeper of this list and it would be difficult to keep track of only operational vehicles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently acquired a 1991 Chrysler TC Maserati. Was given to me by my father. 

Vehicle runs, but transmission trapped in limp mode. Haven't been able to find a mechanic in Denver CO willing to work on it VIN 207241. Red / Beige. Not sure what to do with it. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. 

I'm new to site, 

Will

2 minutes ago, William Chandler said:

I have recently acquired a 1991 Chrysler TC Maserati. Was given to me by my father. 

Vehicle runs, but transmission trapped in limp mode. Haven't been able to find a mechanic in Denver CO willing to work on it VIN 207241. Red / Beige. Not sure what to do with it. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. 

I'm new to site, 

Will

A transmission shop such as Aamco can easily rebuild it. It is the same transaxle used until 2008 at least, in virtually ALL models.  41TE, aka A604 UltraDeive.

• Thanks 1

I just replaced the transmission fluid and filter. Few metal on magnet. Test drove the vehicle.  Shift 1 to 2nd fine, 2nd to 3rd, engine revs high, doesn't engage. Upon touching brakes, vehicle moves to limp mode, stays in 2nd gear even from dead stop. Only reengages 1st gear after vehicle has been turned off, and back on. High rev, no 3rd, does anyone recognize and have simple fix ideas,  before I resolve to go to mechanic.  Thanks all, appreciate the help. 

WC

Edited by William Chandler (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, William Chandler said:

Bit the bullet, Dropped it at aamco for a full diagnostic.  Will share the results when in. Thanks again everyone. 

One thing William, some times it is just a bad transmission Input sensor or Output sensor.. Don't jump into a complete overhaul before getting back to us.

We may be able to help after they give you the transaxle diagnostic results such as CVI

Clutch Volume Index (CVI) is a calculated numerical value to indicate how much volume of transmission fluid was needed to apply a friction element without stroking the accumulator piston. The L/R, 2/4 and OD clutch elements are continuously monitored and learned for adaptive controls. As the friction material wears, the volume of fluid needed to apply the element increases. The following numerical values are Chrysler’s suggested acceptable tolerances for A-604 clutch volumes are:

L/R: 35 to 83                                            2/4: 20 to 77
OD: 75 to 150                                          UD: 24 to 70

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I see that the one you wrecked had some interesting different Items. It had a yellow gauge cluster. Where did you get that. Also looks like the motor was redone as the top of the engine was red. Your seats were also in excellent condition. What loss when a nice one goes down...

urytty.JPG

uryytr.JPG

• 1 year later...

It's better to start your own post, and not put your question on something unrelated.  For parts there are TCParts.com, Arizonaparts.com.  Also put on your own post not this one the parts you want, many people have some car parts.

Also more car info like engine, car color, last numbers of vin. And last welcome.

• Like 3