1928 Buick Master rear trunk platform

ebak210

• I have an idea about building a trunk platform on the rear of my car. I want to buy a suitable trunk, and I want to keep the spare tire (1), with the original holder  behind the trunk. Does anyone have photos of how this can be done? I would be very greatful. My car is a 1928 Buick mod 50.

My 1928 model 27 has an original trunk, trunk holder, spare tire carrier and tail/stop lite assembly.   I will post some photos/info.

20191231_154500_004.jpg

20191231_153124_005.jpg

20191231_153228.jpg

Edited by michealbernal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Oregon Desert Model 45, FLYER 15015, and michealbernal, thanks. This is what I was looking for.

FLYER 15015: Do you have a closer photo without the trunk on it?

michealbernal: Im looking forward to your photos/info.

Again, thank you all!

The only problem with the trunk is that it makes it very difficult to access the fuel tank filler opening.  I wonder if Buick or some aftermarket supplier ever made any type of remote location for the fuel filler?  Anyone have any info. on that?

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't have a picture of the rack without the trunk.

Came with the car and I've never taken it off.

I can tell you that the rack is hinged in the middle so I suppose it folds up against the body shell.

As for filling the gas tank, I use a 5 gallon can with a 3' hose. cannot get a gas station nozzle near the tank due to the tail light and rack.

In this shot you can just see the filler in front of the rack.

Mike in Colorado

medium_1931_chrysler_imperial_4_door_sedan_limousine_efb418311d.jpg

Since my car is a 1928 standard the fuel tank filler opening is on the right rear side.  It is behind the trunk  and inboard from the right edge of the trunk  about 6 inches.  The space between the front of the trunk and the back of the car body is maybe 3 or 4 inches at the most.  Very tight fit   I have been adding fuel to the tank with a gas can with a 3ft piece of hose attached but there has to be a better way.  I wonder what they did back in 1928?