Circa 1913 touring car.

nzcarnerd

This one was posted on a facebook page a short time ago.

Lots of detail visible - but no maker's name on the hubcap.

The dark stripes on a light coloured body are a typical 1913-14 style.

Electric lights but a T head engine - four cylinders I think.

Note also the drawers under the running board. Suggesting an upper middle price car.

Also something - a clue? - at the bottom corner of the door.

java 1 Rosalie Jones.jpg

java 2 Rosalie Jones.jpg

java 3 Rosalie Jones.jpg

21 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

That may be the same Chev in the shot there of her at the rear wheel of a car.

800px-Rosalie_Jones.jpg

The splash apron and fenders on this one look to be painted black. The first car has them painted body color. Less body molding near the doors, too.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

That may be the same Chev in the shot there of her at the rear wheel of a car.

800px-Rosalie_Jones.jpg

Different "type" of wheel here. The front one in the original photo has nuts and fittings holding the centre to the rim. This one doesn't. Forgive my poor description, I don't know the correct terminology for the old wheel fastening systems.

3 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

Different "type" of wheel here. The front one in the original photo has nuts and fittings holding the centre to the rim. This one doesn't. Forgive my poor description, I don't know the correct terminology for the old wheel fastening systems.

Yes, I hadn't looked very closely at the photo. The difference between non- detachable and detachable rims. 

Detachable rims have one or more rings as part of the rim assembly to take the tire off the rim.

Demountable rims come off the wheel with tire inflated. Usually this is done with bolts and nuts but there are other types too. This allows for an inflated spare.

Since these are distinctly different, a car can have detachable demountable rims ( ring to take tire off the rim AND the rims come off the wheel inflated).

Rims with neither feature ( think Model T Fords 1909 thru 1918) are called plain.

Picture with tire pump, rims appear to be detachable. Upper pictures, demountable.