Mopar chrome circle with triangle inside,need ID

sagefinds

On 12/23/2019 at 9:25 AM, keiser31 said:

1963 Plymouth Valiant....

1963 Valiant.jpg

John, do you know what it says on the drivers front quarter ? Just curious...

Sharp looking Valiant btw

Off topic:

I seen a recent episode of Bitchin Rides where they cut a Coronet front pillars and laid the front top down just a 1 1/2". Dave Kindig said " there's a design flaw, the front of the top line always seemed to be going up when the rest of the car lines were going down as they went to the front of the car"... I tend to agree and never noticed it before he said that.

I'm usually the purist and love original,  but this Valiant and the Coronet both had that weird up tick on the front pillars (many other cars of the era had it too). One of those things that I never noticed before but now that I've seen what it looks like the other way it's always going to bug me...  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

John, do you know what it says on the drivers front quarter ? Just curious...

Sharp looking Valiant btw

Off topic:

I seen a recent episode of Bitchin Rides where they cut a Coronet front pillars and laid the front top down just a 1 1/2". Dave Kindig said " there's a design flaw, the front of the top line always seemed to be going up when the rest of the car lines were going down as they went to the front of the car"... I tend to agree and never noticed it before he said that.

I'm usually the purist and love original,  but this Valiant and the Coronet both had that weird up tick on the front pillars (many other cars of the era had it too). One of those things that I never noticed before but now that I've seen what it looks like the other way it's always going to bug me...  

I suspect it was because  a lot of older ladies and gentlemen still thought a hat was part of their driving attire. Especially on the Mopar compacts, which were popular with this demographic. President Kennedy appeared in outdoor public events bareheaded, and it really affected the men's hat market in the USA. One of my father's best friends ran a menswear store back then, and this was a pet peeve with him.

I remember reading how an executive at Chrysler insisted that the new 1949 Mopar line had to have a trunk deep enough for a farmer to load milk cans in the trunk ... which was why those models had their distinctive high topped trunk lids.

• Like 1