Interesting Reatta For Sale on Ebay

Howard

This car was listed at least once before and looks like it didn't sell. I agree that it is a great looking car and hopefully it was set up so all the electronics work. However I did see that the time and date wasn't set up and only one "page" of the CRT was shown. 

It's a very nice looking car. The changeover to a Series II supercharged engine seems to have been done right. In the video you can see that all the screens on the CRT seem to work properly. Everything I can see in the video tells me they did a top notch job on the engine swap.

In the eBay description it says, "The engine is an OBD2 operating system and the computer was Tuned by Sinister Performance (Fort Wayne Indiana)."  OBD2 is a more modern engine control system which I consider a plus, but it might mean the diagnostics portion of the CRT may no longer work.  That would be a good question for the seller if someone was interested in purchasing the car.  I don't know that would be such a bad thing because diagnostics in the OBD2 systems can usually be accessed. and in many cases programmed. by a laptop computer.

The eBay ad also says, "The car also comes with a custom fitted car cover and 2 sets of remotes...".  That's unusual since the '88 models didn't come with Remote Keyless Entry.  I guess if you can figure out how to install a Series II engine in a '88 Reatta and make it work properly you should be able to figure out how to install Remote Keyless Entry in it too.