34' Stude Dictator Brake Drums

Hello all,

I am at the start of full restoration on my 34 Dictator Coupe. This winter I hope to have a full rolling chassis assembled and restored. The one certain roadblock to achieving that is all of my brake drums are cracked and not usable. 

If anyone can lead me in the right direction to tracking down a salvageable set, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. PM me or post here.

Studebaker Part numbers are:

Drum Front Right 182579
Drum Front Left 182580
Drum Rear Right 182581
Drum Rear Left

Thanks in advance.

Derek

You might want to post a photo of what you need as well.  I had a few NOS Studebaker brake drums that very well could have been what you needed but the numbers had gotten lost on them over the years and without one to measure them up to,  I sent them with a bunch of other parts wholesale.  Shame as they were still new and in nice shape with no rust.  The one's I did ID were early 40's and those looked earlier. 

Good luck.

From my Studebaker parts book it appears that there are no other years that crossover with mine. To make things more challenging mine is a Canadian build that says it has a 1-3/4" brake. I'm not sure what they are referring to with this size. The axle shaft is 1-1/4". Drum ID is 11" and space between opposing bolts is 4-3/4".

I'll upload some pics once I resize them. 

1 hour ago, rbk said:

Let me know because I saw a drum just like you picture in my hoard.

Bob

Just measured mine now and yes they are 1 3/4" linings. 

If you have a set of fronts and a set of rears that would be awesome. No rush and I can find a way to come and get them or find another option.  

1 hour ago, Albtrossca said:

Just measured mine now and yes they are 1 3/4" linings. 

If you have a set of fronts and a set of rears that would be awesome. No rush and I can find a way to come and get them or find another option.  

If you have shoes and all the hardware too I'm interested in it all. I dont have any that are salvageable if I cant source out new ones and have to get pads put on them.