1974 Electra 225 Limited - Not Mine

JCK55buick

This Electra is not mine; I have no interest in it.  It is  an on-line auction at https://www.adammarshallauction.com/auction/sughroue-online-auction/

The car is located in Holdrege, Nebraska, about 35 miles from my home.  I am told it has been in indoor storage since 2006, has not been started.

Obviously needs fender extensions, I am unsure if those are readily available or not.  The interior photos are very dark, but I am guessing that black-black-black is a fairly rare combination.

I am out of room, but would sure love to see this big Limited go to a Buick Club member's garage!  The bid is currently at $1775 plus a 10% buyer's premium.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Did you also notice the signal lamp indicators on top of the front fenders?  I am guessing that was also a pretty rare option.

I did see a white '74 Limited in Hemmings last month, had wire spoke caps and seller was asking $7,000.

See everybody in Oklahoma next week!  Driving my '68 Electra convertible down from Nebr.

• Like 2

Of course I love this one, but am not sure I can register and bid quick enough.   The issue for me is more that there would be a defined time to remove it and it clearly would need trailered.  Maybe this is the new restoration project, not the ones from 20 years ago where you clear out a garage, but rather, you "restore" cars like this to operating status.   

Generally Pete and I disagree on the 70's.  I like them as much or better than the 20's through 60's.  I was born in 1964 and remember these cars as new or used on the streets, then most of them were gone by 1985.  This one is special because of the padded vinyl roof delete.  And it likely saved it from trapped water deterioration. 

Plus it smoothes out the roof. It's beautiful!   Good luck to the winner.  If someone does flip it by doing the heavy lifting on refurbish, this is a case where I would thank them for flipping. 

I have owned Electras from 1971 to 1973. 1973 and 1974 are my favorite years but 74 is not as common to see. 

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)