Non-repro White Wall Tires

NTX5467

In another car forum yesterday, it was mentioned that the Hankook Optimo H724 white wall tires have been discontinued.  One of the last full-size-line whitewall tires left on the market, now replaced by the Kinergy line of blackwall tires (but still some 14" and 15" sizes.

Discount Tire (www.tires.com) shows a Nexen line in P225/75R-15 whitewall, but with 9/32" tread depth (rather than the normal 11/32").  Plus one other brand in that size which is a whitewall.

There is a Toyo all-season tire that has some 14" and 15" sizes, a few of which also come in whitewalls.  Looks like that's probably the best shot for now.  Diamondback and Coker whitewalls are between $250-300 each, with WIDE whitewalls rather than closer to .75" whtiewalls.  Details at the Toyo tires website.

FYI,

NTX5467

• Like 1

A few years ago I purchased a set of Matrix Multi-mile tires with a white wall.  The white wall is slightly wider than the Hankook tires.  Pete Phillips had put me on to them after he purchased a set.   I really like them on the Electra and they are/were cost effective.   I’ll have to google to see if they are still available. 

I've gotten three sets of Vercelli classic tires and love them. They have a narrow whitewall which is correct for '60's and 70's cars, and they ride very smoothly. You can get them for around $60 each. 

• Like 1

Just did some more looking. 

Cooper Trendsetter SE www.coopertires.com still has some 15" sizes with white walls.

Multi-Mile  www.multimiletires.com  has "Multi-Mile Custom 428 A/S in white walls.  Multi-Mile is a part of a private-brand tire company based in FL.

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...