Ray Dietrich

I remember him and his wife, but don't recall him selling anything, but that wouldn't be unusual. While my hair is falling out, it isn't silver or gray.....yet. A drawing of an existing car, with provenance would be very expensive. I have several sketches, and they very seldom become available. If any are for sale, I would be a retail cash buyer. I'm sure there are several old timers who could answer the question, but the one who would know best just passed away rather young, so I have no one to ask. Always buying high end dealership, coach builder, and high end automobilia such as shown below.

IMG_2811.JPG

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

Do any of the other silver backs here remember when Ray Dietrich had a stand in the old Blue Field or maybe Red Field at Hershey selling some of his original drawings? Anyone buy any? Or am I hallucinating?

Check with member Walt G. He knew Ray.

Paul

I believe that some prints from drawings were done and for sale ( perhaps a half dozen) about 35-40 years ago. This may be what Ray Dietrich was signing and selling at Hershey, I do not recall him selling any original artwork. For those of you who are interested in his life and work a book has been written about this with a lot of information coming from him when he was alive as well as much information from his estate. No I am not the author but have been asked to write the forward to the book which I am honored to do.

• Like 3