H-V-12 VIBRATION DAMPNER / BALANCER

Mssr. Bwatoe

Hi gang, I need to repair my balancer, the weight spins on the unit, I recall 

an article in TWOTZ about repairing...can anyone chime in on the direction.==the plates are sandwiched between fiber washer as seen in pic  pt 06h-6366     

like an automatic trans mission clutch plate, but for no metal lining--probably some form of cork?

hey 40 Tom  !!

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)

I was thinking about the engine mounts. I replaced them maybe 15 years ago with rebuilt ones from Richard Hommel. I wasn't sure of the quality of them at the time. I'll check mine out if it ever stops raining here in the northeast. Thank you for the reply, George.

lincoln11.8.jpg

I'm glad you mentioned that, we have a problem, with mount availability, I suspect sagged motor mounts 

that allow  the metal inside to rest on the inner shell is a source of a lot of Lincolns that sound like a truck

inside..Do you have a good source for them, I think mine were made by Warren Rice 45 years ago!! I would renew them in a second

if they were done well..

• 2 weeks later...

If you want improved performance, have a hub machined to mount the crank pulley, and use a Chevy balancer.  GM balancer needs to be honed a bit to fit.  You then need to fab a fan adapter, or go with electric fans.  Not stock, but would take a careful eye to tell the difference.

Abe

• 1 month later...