1936 Dodge Side Mount Fender

36 Dodge

I have a opportunity to pick up a passenger side mount fender but before I spend the money I want to make sure that it will fit my 36 4 door sedan. Can anyone tell me if the fenders are universal through all 1936 Dodge models excluding pickups? I was informed that on Buicks the fenders are different lengths depending on the model and after hearing that I am concerned that it might be the same on the Dodge cars. 

Thanks,

Marco

IMG_20190129_151131_482.jpg

Pickup fenders are different but the passenger cars should all interchange.  I have a set of twin side mounts and they came off a 4 dr sedan and fit on a coupe just fine.  If the price is fair and you want it, I would say go for it.  Just remember, there is a lot more to a side mount spare than just the fender and you will need the hardware and mounting parts for the hardware.  If you have all the right parts, it is not a hard job to change out the fender.  Drop me a note if you need some photos of the needed parts to make it right.  Good luck

• Like 2

According to my march '36 parts book all standard front fenders fit all of the passenger car models. On the welled fenders there is a note.  All welled fenders up serial number 4112531 are the same but there is a change after that number. My book shows that the fender numbers after serial no.4112531 are new parts for 1936 which indicates to me that the earlier cars may have had '35 front fenders or there was a production design change after that number. Sorry, but I have no idea what that change is or how you could identify a particular fender. It also may have nothing to do with fitment. Make sure that it fits before you make the final sale and heed 35cz8's advice as most of the mounting hardware is very difficult to locate. Good hunting.

7 hours ago, 35cz8 said:

Pickup fenders are different but the passenger cars should all interchange.  I have a set of twin side mounts and they came off a 4 dr sedan and fit on a coupe just fine.  If the price is fair and you want it, I would say go for it.  Just remember, there is a lot more to a side mount spare than just the fender and you will need the hardware and mounting parts for the hardware.  If you have all the right parts, it is not a hard job to change out the fender.  Drop me a note if you need some photos of the needed parts to make it right.  Good luck

Thanks! It does come with all the hardware and the tire cover.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jpage said:

According to my march '36 parts book all standard front fenders fit all of the passenger car models. On the welled fenders there is a note.  All welled fenders up serial number 4112531 are the same but there is a change after that number. My book shows that the fender numbers after serial no.4112531 are new parts for 1936 which indicates to me that the earlier cars may have had '35 front fenders or there was a production design change after that number. Sorry, but I have no idea what that change is or how you could identify a particular fender. It also may have nothing to do with fitment. Make sure that it fits before you make the final sale and heed 35cz8's advice as most of the mounting hardware is very difficult to locate. Good hunting.

Thanks Mr. Page! It's a complete set that also includes the tire cover.

• Like 1