PAINT FOR BOTTOM OF REAR BUMPER

MRJBUICK

i was wondering if anyone has the paint code for the lower part of the rear bumper. this is the center area by the tailpipes which is black.

my car needs that black area redone and 'm not sure if it is supposed to be gloss or semi like SEM TRIM BLACK or a flat.

my car is not a low mileage car so it is hard to tell what it should be. if no one has a code maybe the real low mileage owners could tell me what the sheen is on it.

thanks for all the help

Marty

I really think it was body color.  Are you referring to the panel below the bumper that has a section cut out for the exhaust tips to protrude?  Do a Google search for images and you will see that none of them are black unless it was a black car.

I just looked at my '88. It has a separate part below the bumper that has the cutout for the exhaust pipes.  It is painted black. It appears to be a satin paint. Sorry, I don't know the paint code.  If you find the code please let me know. That panel needs to be painted on my car too.

Thanks for the feedback, at a quick glance it does appear it might be a separate piece, probably next week i am going to jack the car up and see how it is taken out and figure out my work from there and what to do about paint or clean and polish. i will keep all posted on this thread with my findings

Marty

• 5 months later...

OK so a few weeks ago i finally took care of this job

it is a separate piece held on by 2 bolts and nuts on each end which you may have to remove rear splash panels (is there supposed to be a plastic splash panel in the passenger side of the rear wheelhouse)

and screws across the panel in the recess

i painted it SEM trim black it was a pretty quick job and now no white plastic is showing from the back (see before and after pics)

IMG_20190427_124228060.jpg

IMG_20190508_183911461.jpg

• Like 3

I do not know anything about plastic........but I have had several cars that the black rocker trim below the doors of will get places that looks like the black paint is wearing off.

If you put vinyl protectant or tire shine on them the white goes away.     This beats repainting the part when there are only a couple places getting that white tint.

Barney this part from the back is different from the rocker panels in that the plastic is white 

i was surprised to see them use that color for a black part but the white you see in the first pic is the paint worn off

so this piece had to be repainted 

i just went on their website and it seems they have expanded their line 

i used to ask for "trim black" and it was a matte it was excellent for grilles and these sort of things but now they have sheen options i will respond tonight when i get home and find the can

i just went on their website and it seems they have expanded their line 

i used to ask for "trim black" and it was a matte it was excellent for grilles and these sort of things but now they have sheen options i will respond tonight when i get home and find the can

on a different item this past weekend at the Long Island Buick show (pics in favorite pics of Reatta forum) the convertible is mine 

the coupe both 91s was lower mileage his exterior mirrors were matte is that how they are supposed to be mine have a slight shine but need painting and may have 

been made glossier sometime in its life

i was going to paint them with trim black matte but just want to be sure what they were like new

before i do it

thanks