Hudson Big Boy Project Truck

I figured Xander would Chime in. As far as I know they didn't make 8's in them. Though this one is a bit rough there are alot worse being rebuilt as they are pretty popular.  Everything from the doors forward is the same as the car.  Though I will tell you as far as potmetal chrome bits,  they are very hard to come by in good shape and nearly never come up on ebay in decent usable shape. Those fender lights are near impossible to find and mine came courtesy of Xander.  The bumpers are different car to truck,  but you can use the car bumper.  The rear fenders are also passenger car with a filler panel.   They are really long and low when compared to a similar 47 Chevy Ford or Dodge truck. 

Mine is a nice driver as is, though it has a 1949 full oil pressure 262 with a a 54 wasp twin H setup on it and a Ford 9 inch rear with 3.0 gears so it goes down the road good.  They don't come up in decent shape real often,  They are usually rough like this for 10G or less, or 40G and up in nice "restored" shape.  I searched long and hard all over the country to find mine (priced well under restored but above project state)  and finally found it through a wanted ad I placed on Craigslist, purchasing it from the estate of a man that owned it 20 years.  It still wasn't as good as I wanted but a fair compromise. 

I did have to do all new brakes and tires along with carb rebuilds as well as will be getting a new exhaust in the spring. 

IMG_6137.JPG

IMG_6138.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

• Like 1