1929 chrysler model 65 roadster

I'm looking for '31 Chrysler CD8 Roadster Slats/cleats, any condition, there are 4 of them, 2 outer ones have extra holes for soft top hold down straps. I think they are about 11" long, holes at about 8". Slight turn-up on front ends. BTW, I have this very tub, but cleats were removed by PO.

CD8 patchpanels in Oregon1.jpg

18 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

I'm looking for '31 Chrysler CD8 Roadster Slats/cleats, any condition, there are 4 of them, 2 outer ones have extra holes for soft top hold down straps. I think they are about 11" long, holes at about 8". Slight turn-up on front ends. BTW, I have this very tub, but cleats were removed by PO.

CD8 patchpanels in Oregon1.jpg

That rear section is a very familiar old friend of mine that I picked up near here. I am so glad someone is getting some use out of those pieces.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

These 8cyl Roadster bits are so rare to find in any condition, I have both quarters and rear deck. They have helped me a great deal in cleaning up poor work previously carried out on my cars tub, and also used the 2x3 angle side rails as a pattern for new ones. Guy who passed them on to me needed the cleats (darn), also using the vertical brackets for rear of seat, perhaps some other bits. I wish I had the rear panel, have to make a new one, could use as pattern. Anyone with cleats, I'm paying big money!!

Could you have new cleats cast in bronze and finish them yourselves?  I had new Conv't top clamps made for my 36 Chrysler after no one had a set for sale at any price.  I was fortunate enough to have someone loan me theirs from a stalled rough project and had a few extra sets cast.  I had a guy up the road machine them and I did the smoothing and polishing.  The cost for casting was around 200 for a few sets of six pieces each and I think I paid another 1 to 200 for machining.  You could probably sell the extras and recoup your investment.  It worked for me. 

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...