73 Buick Riviera Help/Parts needed

Kyle P

Hey there I have a 73 Riviera and currently have the chassis off the frame for some cleanup. I am in need of various braces, trunk support brace, rear body brace, rear floor & front body brackets. I notice alot of places have these parts for all other Buicks. Any help is welcomed. Are any other models chassis supports compatible?

Screenshot_20181017-012520.png

Screenshot_20181017-012513.png

Screenshot_20181017-012458.png

Welcome to the forum. You'll have to either rebuild/fabricate those mounts, find a rust free donor car to purchase, or get from a salvage yard in arid climate where they are willing to cut them out for you which will be a tall task. It won't be cheap. I suggest reconstructing/rebuilding them will be the best route. I see in the one pic the floor is rotten as well which I would expect on a car with mounts rotted that bad. I'm sure the trunk floor needs attention too.

If you haven't already, do a thorough inspection of the underbody and frame and make a list of every area that needs reconstruction so you have a good scope of what lies ahead, how you will address it, and for what cost. Very little sheet metal is reproduced for the Rivs in any year.

1 hour ago, Kyle P said:

I have ordered the floors and am sadly realizing these parts may have to be fabricated

Kyle,

Welcome to the forum.

One suggestion might be to find a better condition car to restore and use this one for parts. The overall cost to restore this car may exceed the cost of a better one, imo, but what do I know? :-)

14 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

Kyle,

Welcome to the forum.

One suggestion might be to find a better condition car to restore and use this one for parts. The overall cost to restore this car may exceed the cost of a better one, imo, but what do I know? ?

Something we all learn sooner or later: you're money and time ahead if you spend what will seem to be more but will turn out to be less money up front and just buy one that you can get in and drive and enjoy.  Unless you have the space, tools, time, and money and just enjoy the frustrations involved in making something old new again.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

Kyle,

Welcome to the forum.

One suggestion might be to find a better condition car to restore and use this one for parts. The overall cost to restore this car may exceed the cost of a better one, imo, but what do I know? ?

Thanks. I am really monitoring cost and this may be option.