Spark plugs

DAMO777

Depending on  your ability and  time to be involved consider.......

Is the inheritance already a one of a kind collection or a larger quantity where purchasers may be looking for useable sets for their engines?

//////////

1. Inventory by make ( company ) by heat range  and  quantity 

2. very old plugs often must be identified by "shape- conformation". This may require much research on you part.

3. Identify if New,  used, or cleaned up.

////////////////////////////

The next part is planning to distribute items sold.

Selling at flea market like Hershey or via online like Ebay or other clubs such as AACA .

All can be labor, time intensive.

///////////////////

Consider the effort of delivery or shipping items.

Think about packaging, shipping, and some times the fun of communicating about products.

Best wishes with your endeavor. 

eBay is your friend here.  You might be able to identify what you have and a ballpark price based on SOLD prices and not asking prices.  There can be quite a difference between the two.  Nice original signs are an easy sell.  Plugs can take longer depending on what you have.

Ask here:

http://www.spcoa.net/

Yes, there is a Spark Plug Collectors of America association. Recent article in Skinned Knuckles magazine.

• Like 1

Send me an email - terryaaca@cox.net

Been collecting plugs for more than 40 years and will be glad to help advise. 

Thanks,

Terry

Hey Rich, I've not had any contact from him either.  Saw that he did contact SPCOA on the web site and Lanny responded.  Guess we'll find out at Hershey what he has been able to do with these plugs.

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, DAMO777 said:

Hi guys thanks for your feed back I no it been a long time I moved home a other stuff but I'm looking to get rid of my spark plug collection again 

Send me a pm and some photos, or post a few. Where are you located?

Terry

6 hours ago, philipj said:

Do you have any Autolite AN-7 plugs?

You probably won't have much luck looking for your plugs from a collector.  Autolites are fairly modern plugs and very common as a brand name.  Most collectors are looking for different brand names and if you've got one Autolite, that's plenty.  It's true that sometimes we end up buying a pile of plugs to get the few we are looking for but for collectors, there is not much interest in modern plugs that are still available at the parts stores.  The plug is listed as fitting a Willys Jeep 1947 1948.  It may fit others as well.  If you do a google search you'll come up with multiple sources.  They may even be available as a special order item from your local NAPA store.   I found this possibility for you doing a quick search. http://www.2040-parts.com/nos-an7-autolite-spark-plugs-vintage-autolite-willys-jeep-1947-1948-plymouth-i2254707/

Terry