WTB 1939 Buick front bumper

Franzzu

9 hours ago, Franzzu said:

Thanks - I've been watching that auction, but he doesn't have brackets.  I might buy it though and worry about brackets later!

There are 2 types of front brackets:-

Early type has a individual bracket each side

Later type has a wide bracket that goes across the center. 

Dave T (as in the other thread)

The best source of pre war Buick parts is Dave Tacheny in Champlin, MN. He specializes in 1936-1941 Buick parts. He is old school:- no email. The best way to contact him is to call him between 4 and 7 pm Central at 763-427 3460. You can also write him a letter. His address is 11949 Oregon Ave N., Champlin, MN 55316. 

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/206688-dave-tachney/

And we like photo's of '39's ☺️

Edited by 1939_Buick
info (see edit history)

Wondering if there's been any reports of selling fraud via this website.  After posting this ad, I got a call from a guy in Vegas that claims to have bumpers for my car - can't send pics, isn't a member (says he got a call from a friend that's a member).  Before I send small boatloads of cash to someone I've never met, I'd like some reassurance that it's a legit deal!  Just curious if anyone's had any experience with this before.  Thanks!

Pictures of 1939 Special front bumper and brackets, better shape than I remembered. The center guard is optional and included for $150 + freight. Anchor bolt is bad on the center guard. Our area code is 97048 if you want to try to calculate freight yourself. Bumper length is 67 inches. Bob H

003 (Medium).JPG

004 (Medium).JPG

005 (Medium).JPG

006 (Medium).JPG

007 (Medium).JPG

1 hour ago, Franzzu said:

Wondering if there's been any reports of selling fraud via this website.  After posting this ad, I got a call from a guy in Vegas that claims to have bumpers for my car - can't send pics, isn't a member (says he got a call from a friend that's a member).  Before I send small boatloads of cash to someone I've never met, I'd like some reassurance that it's a legit deal!  Just curious if anyone's had any experience with this before.  Thanks!

Sounds like a scammer.. Not a member, no pictures, equals "red flag" to me. Seems like there was a scammer from Vegas within the past couple weeks. Your mistake is listing your phone number, deal with people on this site thru Personal Message.

• Like 1

The front bumper guard is not optional......it might be for sale separately, but all '39 Specials and Century's had that one as stand equipment.  I have one, but I'm keeping it as a spare, guards and all.  As for the brackets, all those I ever saw in my life (many, many) had the two piece brackets except one.  I found out that one was not introduced until May 1939 almost at the end of production.  Good luck, it looks like you have the makings of a very nice car.  I had that guy from Vegas contact me saying he had the whole heater core assembly for my '41 Buick in perfect shape too.  I think I agree with the others of you on him.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)