Wanted-1935 Ford Phaeton

bullrun

Looking for solid driver quality 1935 Phaeton. Phaeton. No Trailer Queens or major projects. Long term Storage project or older restoration preferred.

Will travel to inspect the right car .Thanks in advance. Nick @ 703-966-8422 or PM thru AACA forum

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12/13/2018 at 9:34 AM, mercer09 said:

also less cars built in 35, coming out of the depression.

1935 was the only year in the '30's that Ford outsold Chevrolet.  In '35 the worldwide production of Ford Phaetons was 6,008.  In '36 it was 4,637.  Source:  The Production Figure Book For U.S. Cars, by Jerry Heasley.

Edited by Dave Henderson
clarity (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Just found this on on Craigslist for $22,500

Looks just like what you are looking for. 

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/d/guilford-1935-ford-phaeton/7087292231.html

1935 Ford Phaeton, older refurbishment on what looks like a solid original car. I am listing for friends estate, have no history, only what I see. It is what I would call a 20 footer. Paint is decent, with scratches and wear here and there. Top is excellent. Seats were redone long ago with vinyl in original pattern, need a good cleaning. Original floors, with a little rust and small patches, but not bad. New rebuilt '35 flathead with 0 miles. Runs excellent, no smoke or odd noises. Fuel system cleaned,brakes and lights work. Chrome is OK for a driver, some pitting starting. Gauges currently not working (except Amps). No side curtains. Car does run & drive fine. Original shocks present but not hooked up. New front floormat and some new wiring included. Hard to find an Early Ford V8 open car that you can drive for this price. Call Skip 203-410-4590

00G0G_7lh7MRFTTca_600x450.jpg

01515_bqYH7eOTAJc_600x450.jpg

On 9/22/2019 at 10:01 AM, auburnseeker said:

Odd there seem to be less 35's for sale.  I have seen I don't know how many 36's for the very few 35's that you could probably count on one hand.  Especially since it seems more guys like the 35 style Ford in general than the 36 from what I see in prices. 

All things considered 35 was not the best year for the economy - 1932-1934 of course being worse.   Ford scored big time though in fashionable car at realistic price, but seems 36's in general being more plentiful (phaetons seemed to be loosing their popularity though - a shame).

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)