Help-Need Exhaust Manifold

Riviera63

Hi,

Found out today that my passenger side exhaust manifold is cracked in 2 places. Leaving on July 16th for a BCA regional event in Cedar Rapids. Would like to take care of it before we leave. If I can get one by Monday my shop can put it in Tuesday. Not critical, but would be nice. What is the price for a good used manifold? I have found one that seems pricey $150 + S & H. Any things I should be aware of before purchasing? Anyone out there have one they would like to sell? I have been trying to contact as many people as possible. Would prefer to purchase from people I have dealt with rather than e-bay. Thanks for any help.

Bill

7 minutes ago, telriv said:

That will be MUCH harder to find than one with a separate heat riser. I am pretty sure '62-'63 ONLY. You could use a '64-'66 manifold would just need the heat riser valve, gasket & matching studs.

Tom T.

Tom,

Would using a 64-66 set up still allow my current exhaust to hook up to it or would I need to have a new header pipe made? Where would one find the heat riser valve, gasket and studs? Thanks for your help.

Bill

1 minute ago, telriv said:

It will be a bolt-up Bill. I may have EVERYTHING you need. Problem is I won't be able to look/find in your time frame.

Tom T.

Tom,

If I can't find something before I leave next week, I will be in contact after we get back. Thanks.

Bill

Bill,

I have a manifold that should work for you.  Luckily for you, It includes the bolt on heat riser, which unluckily is frozen but luckily it's frozen in the open position.   Ill take $85.00 for it plus S&H, which could amount to quite a bit if you need it in a hurry.  Here's  a picture of it along side a driver's side manifold.  To the bung will require some cleaning up and you'll need to remove a section of cutoff exhaust pipe.  If you're interested, send me a PM with a phone number and I'll give you a call later tonight.  If I don't get a PM, I'll take it you're not interested.  No problem with that either.IMG_20180711_192345329.thumb.jpg.6b4485f10133ed62577a37778f07308f.jpg

• Like 1

Bill, my passenger side exhaust manifold heat riser was broken. I elected to have an electronic choke. 

If the heat riser you get is frozen in the right place and will start the car when the ground is frozen or thawed then you have a solution.

if later you need a heat riser I know where you can an NOS heat riser.

RRB

I just wanted to give a shout out to James Kehr of BestOfferCounts LLC. James went out of his way when he did not have to and made sure that I got my manifold in time so that I could have it installed before I left for Iowa tomorrow. I have purchased several things from James through the years for my Riviera. He has always supplied me with quality parts, given me great service and is very easy to work with. He is an ROA member and advertises in the Riview. Give him a try. 

Bill

• Like 1