1952 Cadillac Series 75

Yep, assume it is a CT shop.   BBB, CT dept of consumer protection and/or the CT AG's office are options.  I would suggest consulting a local general practice attorney, pay the couple hundred bucks and get him to write the shop a letter advising you are collecting your property.

Hopefully you have something, written quote, etc. Over and above a handshake.  As much as I want to support any shop willing to work on our old cars, clowns like this guy makes it necessary to protect yourself.

• Like 1

I went through and read your entire thread and I have to say one thing:

You are a better man than I am what with all of the things that have gone wrong while trying to get this car done.

And now having an issue with the machine shop - that would be the last straw for me.

I guess you being only in your 30's helps - having that youthful exuberance - something I lost many, many years ago.

That exuberance gets replaced with experience which can be a good or a bad thing. If someone gets a 19 or 20 year old all worked up about   running into a burning building that exuberance will come through - but try to do the same thing with a 60-70 year old you'll either be laughed at or looked at like you have 2 heads (experience):):):)

Keep plugging along - you've come this far !!!!!!👍👍👍

• 1 month later...