ornament

8 minutes ago, jean.jurkiewicz@yahoo.com said:

No keiser31 my husband had one and it is a car accessory

It is hollow with screws on either end

Yes. I know it is from a car or truck. You may have misunderstood what I was saying. What I am saying is that it is an accessory and not from any particular make or model car. Here is another. Hollow usually means that is was an aftermarket piece.

duck-car-mascot-hood-ornament-w-art-deco-base.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I don't think you understand. The ornament is not from any particular car. It was an accessory that you could buy at an auto parts store, like Western Auto or Pep Boys. You could put it on a Ford, A Crosley, a Packard or any car that you could drill a hole in the hood to mount it. As stated, it is probably from the 50s or 60s. It has no great value

Just for kicks and giggles, I googled "flying goose radiator ornament".  Along with a few hundred other image results (at least half totally  not what I asked about), was one almost exactly like the one Jean pictured. Unfortunately, the link provided by google went to a totally different nude goddess ornament that had been reported sold on eBad.  Gotta love the computer and gamer mentality. Anything that works well, eventually they will get around to screwing it up. That is why I had to get out of cutting edge technology about fifteen years ago.

2 minutes ago, Buick35 said:

My 35 Buick has a scantily clothed woman as an original ornament. I was told that many of them were broken off for that reason probably by some self righteous farmers or their wives with a baseball bat.

Or some fantasy-smitten teenage boy. 

Cheers,

Grog