Headliner pinchweld clips (64)

Scott Mckenzie

I need a lead on Pinchweld clips for my headliner install I only have 4 in my puzzle box.Tim Sweely is looking but more eyes the better . they are 2 inches long 1/4 thick and 1/2 wide with a groove in the middle to slip over the headliner and pinchweld Made of nylon or some other plastic .Page 6 3c in the body service manual. I swear I will never buy a car in boxes again... ( till the next time) !

Edited by Scott Mckenzie
forgot an item (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Scott Mckenzie said:

I need a lead on Pinchweld clips for my headliner install I only have 4 in my puzzle box.Tim Sweely is looking but more eyes the better . they are 2 inches long 1/4 thick and 1/2 wide with a groove in the middle to slip over the headliner and pinchweld Made of nylon or some other plastic .Page 6 3c in the body service manual. I swear I will never buy a car in boxes again... ( till the next time) !

Scott,

These are usually pretty much trash when one goes to redo a headliner. I was fortunate enough to be able to salvage enough of them to work when I redid my headliner. Later on I thought of an idea that might work as a substitute. One could cut up the plastic binder that comes with the clear page/report protectors. I have attached a couple of pictures of one. 

Bill

IMG_4069.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello from Tampa,   is here a tutorial on headliner installation on this forum.  I searched "headliner" but only this thread popped up.  I do see some videos on youtube. Some of those videos kinda scared me, but looking at my 63 Riv headliner, it looks pretty straightforward. Any advice?

Rich

103_0697.JPG

11 hours ago, TampaRiv said:

Hello from Tampa,   is here a tutorial on headliner installation on this forum.  I searched "headliner" but only this thread popped up.  I do see some videos on youtube. Some of those videos kinda scared me, but looking at my 63 Riv headliner, it looks pretty straightforward. Any advice?

Rich

103_0697.JPG

When I ordered mine from Clark's Corvair it came with directions for installation copied from the Body Manual that were pretty complete. If you haven't done so get the Chassis and the Body Manuals. These are an invaluable resource. The installation directions will be in the Body Manual I believe. This job can be done by yourself however, an extra set of hands makes the install much easier.

Bill

Edited by Riviera63
revise text (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I am about to replace the headliner on my 66. Since I had the car sandblasted the cardbord over the front and rear windshield for stapling the headliner on is gone. Anyone replaced this ? Type of material you used and was it only glued on to the metall?  Any advice appreciated😊

It is called tack strip. It comes in a few different dimensions. Some is held by teeth integrated into the metal, some screws on. You can get cardboard or plastic now.

I think the Riviera uses 1/2 x 3/8 over the windshield and something thinner on the sail panels.

Bob Drake, the Ford guy has different sizes.

image.thumb.png.283b9169657a914411d0568583c777ee.png

If I do the color change on my '64 I plan to replace the 50 year old stuff.