FS: Riviera Fender Cover. Brand New

GSJohn

• 3 weeks later...

9 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Not sure how many takers you are going to get when Riviera fender covers are available from the ROA at $17 each / $8 shipping. Good luck, though.

OUCH! I hope he didn't pay 50 dollars for that fender cover. 

• Like 1

He needs to show a picture of it.  If it's one of the formed covers has seams on it where the edges of the fenders are, then tools can be placed on it and they won't roll off.  If it's just one of the ROA rubber covers, then he's going to have it for a while.

• Like 1

Correct, it depends on how it is made. I have some fender covers that are extra thick with a very plush fleece backing  and magnets sewed into the inside edge to keep them from moving around that I paid

200.00 for the pair. I only use them on show cars.....I have cheap covers for the beaters I work on.

• Like 1

I have one of those. They will fit a '64, also. I had it on the car last week.

I usually remember where I got stuff, but I can't place where that one came from. Since I had the stroke I have been finding a lot of new stuff in the garage.

And I noticed there aren't as many reruns on TV.

Bernie

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I have one of those. They will fit a '64, also. I had it on the car last week.

I usually remember where I got stuff, but I can't place where that one came from. Since I had the stroke I have been finding a lot of new stuff in the garage.

And I noticed there aren't as many reruns on TV.

Bernie

And you make a lot of new friends who seem to know you though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I have sold the fender cover, I have found some of the comments on the ROA board are very rude and condescending.  Is it because Riviera owners feel they are better than everyone else?  Keep in mind people, you are no better than the rest of us.  The comments made on posts number 3-4&5 were taken by me as rude. I had trouble posting photos with my old computer and because you couldn't see the cover you were quick to judge. Thank you Rivman for purchasing the cover, at least there is one kind member of the ROA. 

Edited by GSJohn (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GSJohn said:

Is it because Riviera owners feel they are better than everyone else?

I don't think so.Owning an Electra, Wildcat, Roadmaster, Super, Special, you know the rest. Certainly not limited to Riviera. Oh, yeah, Limited, as well. I think Buick owners have always been like that. Not everyone chooses to own a Buick.

If my comments were seen as mean spirited, I apologize. I was not trying to be mean. I was just trying to state what I thought was obvious (until I actually saw the fender cover).

I am glad it found a good home. Randall is a great guy and a true Riviera fiend! (just kidding Randall!)

3 hours ago, GSJohn said:

Now that I have sold the fender cover, I have found some of the comments on the ROA board are very rude and condescending.  Is it because Riviera owners feel they are better than everyone else?  Keep in mind people, you are no better than the rest of us.  The comments made on posts number 3-4&5 were taken by me as rude. I had trouble posting photos with my old computer and because you couldn't see the cover you were quick to judge. Thank you Rivman for purchasing the cover, at least there is one kind member of the ROA. 

I think those comments were made before seeing a picture of the cover.  If no one had ever seen a cover like yours and only seen the cheap foam one sold by the ROA, then they'd probably think it was a little over priced.  I don't think anything said was meant to be condescending.  

Hopefully time heals all.

• Like 1

Oops, did not mean to offend........my apologies.......I mistakenly assumed it was an ordinary inexpensive cover with the Riviera logo.

Your cover is very unique for the last gen owner and well worth the fifty bucks. Sometimes when typing on the forum, the fingers work

faster than the brain cells!

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 7:59 PM, GSJohn said:

John,

It is just another opinion but I dont think the comments were condescending to you personally based on the original info provided but obviously based on assumptions. I think the lesson to come away with is, as a seller, post the necessary info and if one is not a potential buyer "sit on your hands". All worked out for you and the buyer so fair play to you both!

Tom

• Like 3