This Pierce Arrow roadster showed up yesterday....

keiser31

Had a wonderful visit with Grimy and Annie yesterday and got to see their 1930 Pierce Arrow Model B roadster. Thanks for the great time and it was nice to put a face to the name. 

Picture 9985.jpg

Picture 9988.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dandy Dave said:

Nice. I've worked on a few Pierce Arrows and Visited with Kiezer31 and Cherrie also. It was all good. Dandy Dave!  

Yes, it was a fun time, Dave. I would like to welcome any forum members to drop by to see us if you are ever in southern Oregon.

This is my first time on the site since early Saturday morning.  Annie and I had a wonderful visit with John and Cherie enroute to an annual 5-day Nickel Era Touring Registry (of HCCA, but accepts cars for tours through 1932) tour, this one based in Sequim (pronounced "Squim"), WA, on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in the NW corner of the state.  32 cars registered!  Special thanks to the Keisers for staying up late, as we departed the Bay Area about 5 hrs later than planned.  We had the first tour day today (Monday), four more days to go--well worth the 900 miles each way to get here.

It was great fun to finally meet John and Cherie and admire their excellent collections of historical artifacts of all types.  Hope they can visit us in the Bay Area so we can return the favor!

• Like 1

Sorry that I didn't know about this sooner. Sequim is less ten a two hour drive from the Seattle area. I would just have loved to drive up for the day to see the cars and meet the participants. While I need no excuse to visit this very special part of the world, but it would have given just that much more incentive.  This may not come as a surprise to some, but the area like no other in the bottom 48. I know that the weather has been good, and  although it doesn't show up on the itinerary, I  trust that the Olympics were out in all their glory, as viewed from Hurricane Ridge. On second thought, I'm tempted to just drive up tomorrow, and make a pest of myself.-Bill

Bill, hope you can make it:  Wednesday we're going to Lake Crescent and Salt Creek, leaving Quality Inn in Sequim at 0845.  Paul M and his son joined us informally today with their 1923 Series 33.  Rich A and Tom P are registered participants with their 1918 and 1919 respectively.  Thursday we're going to Port Townsend and the Aero Museum, again departing at 0845.

Today, Tuesday, we drove to the top of Hurricane Ridge in magnificent weather, had lunch in Port Angeles, and returned via the Dungeness schoolhouse. 

NETR does one tour like this a year.  Last year was based in Murphys, CA (Gold Country), and 2016 was in the Eureka, CA, area among the redwoods (sorry I missed that one).  Have heard that Minden NV is being considered for 2019.  Great people, laid back and casual environment.  Period dress appreciated (maybe 20% of us, not me) but certainly not required--everyone else is in jeans. Model Ts to small Overlands to Pierces to big Packards--everybody welcome, no hierarchy of marques, just car people doing their thing.