1961 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 4 door Holiday Hardtop

Arizona solid car had extensive restoration some years ago. Rebuilt engine, trans and rear end  with new  ball joints. Partial interior as needed. All chrome on this car is excellent! Recently I have installed a new distributor with electronic conversion, 8mm wires,  new plugs, new 4 barrel carburetor and swapped out the 14 X 6 rims for 15 X 7 with new white wall radials. We have driven 4,000 miles with 0 problems. This great old classic will cruise 70 mph all day with ease.  Car has rock chips in front from being driven. Not new or perfect, however, a very nice reliable driver for modest investment. 394 Rocket, Roto-hydramatic, 4 barrel, dual exhaust.  Excellent cruiser for couple or family, turn key and go! Located at I-90 & I-35 in south MN.  507-448-3749

Asking $11,000 with custom made bike rack and his and hers 1930s bikes...$10,500 without.

Good luck on your projects everyone!

Tony

Joice-Holtons 7-24-16 038.jpg

Joice-Holtons 7-24-16 049.jpg

4-30-16 Torque Fest 052.jpg

4-30-16 Torque Fest 042.jpg

olds rocket 88 005.jpg

olds rocket 88 003.jpg

Torque Fest 2017 007.jpg

Torque Fest 2017 008.jpg

Mississippi Mayhem  2017 030.jpg

12122408_898204846882416_3043713689162492949_n.jpg

July 2017 004.jpg

Edited by Tony Thompson
add more information (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I’m going to stick my neck out here and say I like your car.  I may be subject to the wrath of the Gods of Originality for saying that but I does seem to be a neat example of a four door car that got some extra style to it.  My only nit pick is the wheels, they just don’t work for me in that red color.  It’s a bit like trying to tell your GF or wife that her new shoes don’t go well with the rest of her outfit.  You like them so that’s fine and all that counts until you decide to sell.  Hopefully you still have the original wheels should the next buyer want to try some other wheel scheme.  Good luck with the sale!

Terry

• Like 2

Or just stick with these 15 inch wheels and go with a "Period-Correct" 15 inch full wheel cover - maybe a '57 Olds, with or without the 3-bar spinner,

or do like I did many years ago on my 1969 Pontiac Custom"S" when I upgraded to a later set of Gran Prix factory Rallye wheels.

May parents had a '61 Olds 88 Holiday Sedan (4-door Hardtop with no "B" pillar), similar to this one, but metallic gold - very nice driver, and more power than I really needed at that time, but fun showing off alongside my friend's '51 Ford Victoria.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, zeke01 said:

Were the legs an original accessory or were they aftermarket? More importantly, are they a package deal with the car? Zeke

That can turn into a mighty expensive accessory!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello, Terry, Marty & Zeke,

I will answer you along the way, but first allow me to offer an apology for placing such a vulgarly unrefined vehicle for sale in such a polished and  proper forum under the AAC of A title.

More information to help you understand...The Olds is all original except for alternator, carburetor, air cleaner and wheels. It is fabulously drive-able and reliable in its present condition. When I purchased the car, the original carburetor , air cleaner  & generator were gone. I bought this car for my daughter and I to attend '64 & earlier Rock-a-billy events.. Best described as rough around the edges, these shows feature hot rods, customs, 4 dr, unpainted anything goes cars...even rat rods. There are no trophies, you will see rust holes, lots of food and beer, multiple bands playing well past our bedtime, pin-up girls and flame throwing of sick proportions that can move crowds back and sever high-line wires. I know, terrible isn't it? 

Well guess what, the young folks love it and most anyone can afford it,  (grandma's hand-me-down 4 dr with rusty quarters works fine).

My daughter was drawn to this youthful display of inclement automotive mayhem. How can I say no? The red wheels...her idea...again, how do I say no?  She wanted to dress in a tasteful 1960 theme...Uh, aint sayin no to that one for sure!  Perhaps I should mention that the girl in the car and legs out the window are that of my daughter herself cutting loose in a rock-a-billy ruckus that won her plenty of attention at several shows in the last few years. We had a blast! Drove four states for last four years...how many dads get to do this with their daughter? No regrets. She goes off to collage now so the car goes up for sale. I have the original wheels, but never got the hubcaps. I wanted large new radials on for road trips and my offspring wanted red wheels and chrome spider caps for the 1960 custom look so I rattle-canned some Chevy truck wheels...it is what it is,... or maybe it isn't what it should be...but there it is.

Sorry Zeke, but the legs go off to collage and not with the car. Thanks for input gentlemen. 

Good luck on your projects everyone!

Tony

• Like 4

Well I really like the car and the color combination. If I lived closer I would be checking it out for a daily driver. Personally, I like the red red red redneck wheels! If you haven’t already, you should post this over on the HAMB where you will be greeted without prejudice.  

Edited by Alex D. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Tony,

You owe absolutely no apologies - this is a sweet driver, and much like the one my parents drove.

I agree that the 15" rims with radials are preferable for normal driving, and that the RED & CHROME makes the wanted statement. If I had space, I would keep a spare 15" set of 1954 Olds 3-bar spinner wheel covers as an alternative, and continue to use the truck rims.

Image result for 1954 oldsmobile spinner hubcaps

Or this 1956 spinner

Image result for 1954 oldsmobile spinner hubcaps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

If I were going to keep this car I would try to locate an original air cleaner and would change the wheel appearance to something with a more refined or elegant look. I like Marty's ideas too.

This is an excellent forum with knowledgeable and helpful members. I really appreciate the high level of tolerance for a car that could irritate high-end enthusiasts.

As a newbie here I have learned much in a short time and I am grateful for the sharing, entertainment and knowledge. Going to investagate the HAMB now...thanks Alex!

Tony

• Like 5