3 speed DeSoto/Chrysler transmission 1938 SOLD

one-shot

Thank You

Cleaning off the shelves and reducing inventory. I was tempted to make a side trip and look up the old car and see what it really was. Saved me a chigger or tick bit. Cant seem to correct initial post.

Harold

Edited by one-shot (see edit history)

• one-shot changed the title to 3 speed DeSoto/Chrysler transmission 1938
  • 1 year later...

Thanks I did. Its sitting at the garage door waiting to go into storage. I purchased two 20 foot shipping containers and they are sitting at the farm awaiting contents from the barn. garage/cleaning. Should have done that years ago. 

26 minutes ago, TheDanEvans said:

PM's?

Personal messages, look at the top of the web page when you are logged in and you will see what looks like a small white envelope.  If that envelope has a number next to it , that indicates you have personal messages.  The bell symbol next to the envelope is for notifications, like now when I quoted your response it will generate a notification that I did that.

1 hour ago, one-shot said:

I think freight or greyhound at this juncture . Let me build a wood box for it and we will explore our options. How flexible is your time line?

Did you get PMs?

Will give you an E-mail in them.

Welcome to the forum

Harold

Not quite understanding how to navigate this stuff.  Is there a way to call?

40 minutes ago, TheDanEvans said:

Not quite understanding how to navigate this stuff.  Is there a way to call?

Ok, I sent Harold a PM for you about your need for information.  Harold is a good guy, I have worked with him in the past on parts.  He is retired like many of us here so he might be busy doing stuff and away from his computer.  

• Like 1

I think it will. This was a fairly used and enjoyed 38 clean unrestored Desoto that was sourced from the much storied little old Lady by this gentleman. Reverse gear lost a lot of teeth. This fellow needs to tell us his Acquisition story one day , and his wife wants to drive it in the Christmas parade December 3rd.

His case number matches, but he has a floor shift. I believe Tops should just swap easy. I will pull top tomorrow and check out condition of gears. Lets all hold our breath

I pulled the transmission,  drive shaft  and rear end twenty years ago from an old car by an old house in the woods; No motor in car.

Its Christmas I hope WE I can make it happen.

• Like 1

It sure would be great to see Dan back on the road, Harold. I really hope he stays with us and becomes a regular as he learns to "navigate this stuff". Don't worry, Dan. If I can use this forum fairly well, you will soon be be better at it than I am !

Oh, by the way, we had a very well liked governor, later senator,  (R), named Dan Evans here in Washington State. Sadly, his brand of politician is extinct  these days. We love him here,  but I can well imagine he would be labeled an environmental wacko, or a commonist or worse by some. I first thought HE was THE Dan Evans, but though engineer that he is,  I think that age 94, his wrenching days are done. 

Welcome, TheDanEvans !     Please let us know how you are getting on.   -   Carl 

SOLD Shipped it today less the top piece. He has a floor shift. Did a quick cleaning, industrial plastic wrap, foamed the heck out of it.in a wooden box.  Looks like it has never been touched. I sure hope this works out. Would lend some credence to keeping odd ball parts on the shelf for a greater good.

• Like 1

• one-shot changed the title to 3 speed DeSoto/Chrysler transmission 1938 SOLD
  • 3 weeks later...

This time of year GOOD NEWS is at a premium. This made my day. This beauty is on the road again. I packed the transmission post office proof. (Wooden box and foam) Got there perfect. I felt a slight  piece of dirt in the main bearing. But that was it. Don flushed it numerous times, changed the rear seal and replaced the emergency brake with his. Not perfect going into third, but that's it. It is back home and in its place in the garage.

• Like 1