How many left.

Dave Phillips

Hi there from sunny England,

Just a quick question for you all,  I own a 1929 Chrysler 65 5 window coupe and was wondering how many are left, is there any way of finding out how many there are in America as I doubt there are that many else where in the world. In the U.K. we can check with our Vehicle licensing agency as they know the whereabouts of every car in Great Britain,  we often see articles in the motoring press showing remaining numbers of certain models.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

There is absolutely no way to tell how many are left out there. There are clubs that keep records of member's cars, but that will not show the many that are not in clubs or simply hidden. I see that there were a total of 7,603 1929 Model 65 five window coupes built.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Dave Phillips said:

In the U.K. we can check with our Vehicle licensing agency

Of course that would only show those on the register. In this country, any car not licensed for two consecutive years is deleted from the register, unless the registration is "put on hold", or suspended, by the owner. This must be done annually. There are many vehicles under restoration (and lying about) not on the motor vehicle register.

I had a 1929 65 motel 5 window   rumble seat . After the fire we sold it to a guy in belguim  . He was  going to redo it . wonder what happened to it . king32

On 4/26/2018 at 2:32 PM, keiser31 said:

There is absolutely no way to tell how many are left out there. There are clubs that keep records of member's cars, but that will not show the many that are not in clubs or simply hidden. I see that there were a total of 7,603 1929 Model 65 five window coupes built.

Is there not a "rule of thumb" to sorta "guesstimate" how many might still be extant today?  Something like 7603 built x 50% = number remaining after 10 years, minus 1% per yr.?  2018 - 1939 = 89.  3801 - 89% = 418. 

Thought I may have read that somewhere, sometime?