15" WHEEL RIM

Dynaflash8

I never thought the hardest part to find for my 1941 Buick Roadmaster would be a simple 15x6 wheel rim, but I can't find one, just one.  I don't need a 1941 wheel, just a 15x6 wheel made from 1946-1953 and probably through 1960 according to the parts book.  I'd prefer one with clips, but I have a set of clips I can put on a full disc hubcap wheel with screws and nuts.  Rivets are just better.  I can remember when it seemed every '39 Buick I came across had been converted from 16" wheels to these same 15" wheels.  I find this mighty strange that I can't find one now.  I see them on some cars in far off "classic car junkyards" and even at $125 each it's too much trouble for the guy to take them off and sell them.  Oh well, someday I'll see an old '51 Buick somewhere in a junkyard and pull a wheel off of it.

It is strange. Did you try French Lake Auto in Minnesota? Old cars galore and they are serious about selling decent parts. 

Of course, this was one reason I had new rims made for my 56. 

Earl ,

Are you looking for 15 x 6 overall width  or 15 x6 inside lip dimension ?

I have a 15 x 6 inside lip dem , it is straight but dirty and rusty .

Not sure of the exact year but Buick small caps fit the wheels from 42 thru early 60's

with the large hole for the brake drum lip.

Bill Lagna

located in Baltimore Md

• 1 month later...

i have 2 14-6 buick wheels like the one in your picture if you give me a email address i well send pictures george 406-5432591 gpmachine07@yahoo.com