New York Chapter Guys, any suggestions for paint/body work?

64LesabreJ

Where are you guys at? I need help with resources. I have paint codes for my car and I want to do a few things like have paint and body work done. Dented it today. Not too upset about it as I already planned to repaint. How much do you think it would be to repair this spot if I choose not to repaint the whole thing?IMG_1437.thumb.jpg.e59c00c573ee74f9275c3e7d9d5f8665.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1467.jpeg

IMG_1459-4.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

There are very few NY City area chapter guys on this forum.  There is no Chapter in the NYC boroughs.  The closest to you is the Long Island Chapter.  Then there is the Lower Hudson Valley Chapter in the Westchester area, and the Jersey Chapter which is centered around the Jersey Turnpike/Rt 80 intersection.  But hardly any of them are on this forum either. Sorry to have to report that.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:56 PM, JohnD1956 said:

There are very few NY City area chapter guys on this forum.  There is no Chapter in the NYC boroughs.  The closest to you is the Long Island Chapter.  Then there is the Lower Hudson Valley Chapter in the Westchester area, and the Jersey Chapter which is centered around the Jersey Turnpike/Rt 80 intersection.  But hardly any of them are on this forum either. Sorry to have to report that.

I should have been a little more specific. Long Island IS considered NYC, in a sense, by most NYCers. 

Edited by 64LesabreJ (see edit history)

Just now, 64LesabreJ said:

Long Island IS considered NYC.

Staten Island is one of the City boroughs, but Nassau and Suffolk are not part of the city.  None-the less, the Long Island Chapter has folks from your area and they are fairly active as a Club.  Just not too active on this Board.

4 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Staten Island is one of the City boroughs, but Nassau and Suffolk are not part of the city.  None-the less, the Long Island Chapter has folks from your area and they are fairly active as a Club.  Just not too active on this Board.

Indeed. I will reach out to them as i progress with this build. Thanks so much!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ttotired said:

Not quite. The title was actually a request for ppl to put me in contact with guys who do paint and body work in the area. None of my other vintage cars have issues. The Buick, which has sat for years, does. The one guy who painted my car years ago is probably dead (he was in his 60s and had bad health, and that was 15-20 years ago, so I was looking for a reputable guy. With my own business, 8 vintage motorcycles and 5 vintage cars, a wife and 3 kids, I can assure you im not broke. :P 

Edited by 64LesabreJ (see edit history)

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Beautiful color by the way! 

I wish i could take credit for the color but i cant. Its the original paint, Coral Mist. At 16, way back when when I first got it, I was going to paint it black. My dad was like "do it and I'll kill you." Best advice he ever gave me. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 64LesabreJ said:

My dad was like "do it and I'll kill you."

That's what I was getting at, 400 miles away, like a whole different place. :)

There are foxes in a burrow across the street. And that don't mean nuthin' like it would on Times Square.

4 hours ago, Ttotired said:

Title sounds like a plea for money to pay for paint repair

3 hours ago, 64LesabreJ said:

Not quite. The title was actually a request for ppl to put me in contact with guys who do paint and body work in the area. None of my other vintage cars have issues. The Buick, which has sat for years, does. The one guy who painted my car years ago is probably dead (he was in his 60s and had bad health, and that was 15-20 years ago, so I was looking for a reputable guy. With my own business, 8 vintage motorcycles and 5 vintage cars, a wife and 3 kids, I can assure you im not broke. :P 

Sorry, it was my edit of trying to make the title better fit the subject that created the confusion. Hopefully the new edit is a bit better. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed