Teens early 20's Frame wanted

alsfarms

OK, I have some pieces that can be built into a project.  The bad thing is I do not have a suitable frame from which to start.  Please study the attached pictures particularly the kick up over the rear axle and the transition area at the back of the engine area.  These two frame profiles I would like to match as closely as I can.  Note:  the early Dodge Bros. frame has a very similar profile where the gets wider at the front.  I would prefer NOT to use the Dodge Bros. frame as it is not as heavy duty as what I would like to use.  If you have an old odd or unidentified frame that is designed close to the frame in my pictures, please drop me a note and send some pictures.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts and time.

Al

DSC01731.JPG

DSC01732.JPG

DSC01733.JPG

Edited by alsfarms
spelling (see edit history)

That Buick frame is probably set up for cantilevered rear springs. I think that would make it all the more interesting. I had a complete Buick chassis years ago of about that period. I remember it as being quite substantial.

• Like 1

Hello john,  You have a good eye.  The frame contours are from the Locomobile Model L.   The oil pump casting and drive that I purchased from the late Dave Hentschell is on my engine and works "great"!  If needed I could dial that pump in and run 50 PSI, but set it at 25 PSI.  Dave did design and build a very nice unit!  I will not have an oiling issue on my engine. 

Al

• 1 month later...

Hello Larry,  Timing and logistics are not in my favor.  I have a serious look going at a couple of larger chassis but have not formulated a deal yet.  Thanks for keeping me in mind.  I wish I were able to travel to Chickasha but will not be able to attend this year.

Alan