Advice on a Bentley please.

George Smolinski

I've never even heard of converting one from right to LHD. It is probably a seriously complicated job and would almost certainly require a parts car... even then, you can't be certain that quite a few parts are unique to one model or the other... there is a lot more to it than just the steering column.

18 minutes ago, JV Puleo said:

I've never even heard of converting one from right to LHD. It is probably a seriously complicated job and would almost certainly require a parts car... even then, you can't be certain that quite a few parts are unique to one model or the other... there is a lot more to it than just the steering column.

+1.   I think the pedals might be a disaster all on their own.

15 hours ago, JV Puleo said:

15 hours ago, alsancle said:

+1.   I think the pedals might be a disaster all on their own.

No doubt about it, time intensive to do this job and some custom engineering using parts from who knows what to get it done. As a stripped down rolling chassis this is something I know I can do. With the car fully assembled, it's a job I would most likely need to have done and now that I'm retired, guessing a cost to make a deal today is a risky thing to do.

17 hours ago, Rusty_OToole said:

It would be a hell of a lot easier, and cheaper, to buy a LHD car. Even easier and cheaper to learn to like and drive a RHD car.

I like RHD for some things, been shopping the auction sites since mid summer for a good used RHD aluminum fish and ski boat, Thought I was going to be done with old cars, was planning on getting the boat now when there is no competition to buy and dumping my half breed Maserati  come spring when they're easy to sell, then I saw that I could buy a really nice RHD Bentley with a Rolls nose for about the same price.

A real nice RHD cost less to buy than a rundown needs work LHD and I could do a Chevy steering and driveline swap, but I don't have the heart to do anything less than factory rite on a real nice car and for that I need experienced help.  Didn't know that I wanted one of these until I saw that I could buy one and when you're bit by the bug you know exactly what you want.