Circa 1920 touring car with hardtop

adam1982

Except for the hubcaps, I'd swear it's late 1920/early 1921 Paige model 6-66 7-p "Lakewood" touring with a so-called California top.  The triangular glass in the windshield, the painted radiator shell, and the acorn headlights are 1921 features, as are the vertical hood louvers.  Note the soft LR tire and the lack of a tire on the spare rim at rear.  The latter indicates to me that this is a dealer promo photograph taken for publication in newspaper New Car issues. 

Here is a 1919 Winton. I can't help thinking our mystery car is not big enough to be a Winton. I see in the Standard Catalog that up to 1920 there were two wheelbase lengths - 128" and 138". Maybe this 1919 car is the 138" model and our mystery car is the new 132" model for 1920??

1919-winton-six-tourer-KF08G9.jpg

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Varun Coutinho said:

Zoom in on the hubcap (hi-res) & it reads "Chalmers"

Photos of Chalmers of that era show the front door handle mounted to the front (suicide door) whereas the unknown vehicle shows it mounted to the rear.  I agree with Keiser and others that it is a circa 1920 Winton.

• 3 months later...
On 1/28/2020 at 11:41 AM, Stude17 said:

Photos of Chalmers of that era show the front door handle mounted to the front (suicide door) whereas the unknown vehicle shows it mounted to the rear.  I agree with Keiser and others that it is a circa 1920 Winton.

Agree it's a Winton (1922)! 

(comment was for a Chalmers Car pic that was attached)